3 8oz packs of tempeh
2 C Franks Red Hot
2 C Unsweetened Plant Milk
2 Tbs Frontier Co-Op Organic Adobo Seasoning Blend
- To remove bitterness from the tempeh, bring a saucepan filled with 1 inch of water to a low boil over medium heat. Steam tempeh for a total of 10, flipping once at the halfway point.
- Rinse, pat dry, and slice the tempeh in half lengthwise then cutting into small triangles. The smaller the pieces, the better they can soak up the marinade. Set aside while you create your marinade.
- Mix marinade by adding Franks Red Hot as well as Plant milk to a bowl. Whisk together until incorporated. Add in your seasoning, and adjust to your liking.
- Add the sliced tempeh to the marinade and toss to coat. Then cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, but this works best if you marinade overnight. 24 hours definitely infuses the most flavor!
- While marinating, toss/stir occasionally to ensure even coating. (Just before baking, drizzle with additional sauce)
- Once marinated, preheat oven to 375 F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat. Add tempeh and reserve any leftover marinade to brush/coat the tempeh once baked.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and brush/coat with any remaining marinade.
- Serve with buffalo mayo, and enjoy as a sandwich, buddha bowl or just as is! (Recipe for the buffalo mayo was simply my mayo recipe from my book, Rabbit Food, mixed with 2 Tbs of the left over marinade.