An epic summer recipe that I partnered with Stop & Shop to create! Also, watch make sure you watch the video below to see why this is the most offensive baking video I’ve ever done. Did I make it to the cookie sheet?! Watch to find out!!
The dough of this recipe is actually from my Pizzagaina and it’s a sweet biscotti dough—the filling is sugar plums, brown sugar and fig preserves. Heavenly!
1 Stick earth balance butter, softened
1 tsp baking powder
3 1/2-4 C all purpose flour
2 Tbs vanilla extract
1 C of sugar
6 Tbs Follow Your Heart vegan ‘egg’
1 1/2 C ice cold water (to create the vegan egg)
4-5 plums, (about 1.5 pounds) sliced
2 Tbs fig preserves
2 Tbs brown sugar or coconut sugar or other sweetener of choice
1/3 C coconut oil
6 dates soaked in water
Additional 1/4 C water incase you need to add it while blending
1. Create your vegan egg according to the packet instructions. Whisk and set aside.
2. Mix the 3 1/2 C of the flour (start with less), the softened butter, baking powder, vanilla and sugar in either a bowl or a Kitchen aide mixer. Blend or stir until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Then add in the Vegan Egg with the machine running. Continue mixing until the dough forms.
3. Gather the dough into a ball. Begin to flatten the dough piece into a disk shape. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until the dough is firm enough to roll out, about 30 minutes.
4. While the dough is refrigerating prepare your filling.
5. Full Process and Baking instructions are available on my Youtube channel.